Sunday, May 29, 2011

In every life a little rain must fall....

Nothing makes you want your own place so badly than a full day with your parents after they come home from vacation.
The monster has been great.  No crazy sporadic attitude changes thank god, but that will soon come back.
The vi however is making me slightly nervous and extremely annoyed.
The man has this problem where he has to make comments that just get under my skin.  I'm a pretty laid back person.  It takes a lot to annoy me or seriously piss me off, but today was a mixture of annoyance, making me angry, and this was clearly all on purpose.
I know he thinks he's funny sometimes and they are mostly harmless stupid statements, but over the years there have been times when he makes comments and it's clear he is headed for some kind of mental break.  Not sure how to word it exactly, but it makes me very nervous.
As I've mentioned in one of my past blogs, the vi has a tendency of having these outbursts or freak outs.  Before these happen there is usually some weird behavior or nasty comments in rapid succession over a period days.
Well, the comments have begun.  He tried to pick a fight with me all day.  All I could do was walk away when I felt myself ready to scream at him.  He just laughed at my frustration and as soon as he saw me again...he started in with the same shit.
I'm hoping this is a false alarm and today he just felt like being a dick, but the past has proven to me there is always something lurking in the dark.
I'm scared to find out what he may do during the next freak out.  Last time was Christmas about 2 years ago when he screamed at my mother calling her a c**t, tried to get me to hit him, and then took off.  The fear of having to leave my mother alone with him later that night once he came back home was overwhelming.  At least I'll be here if it happens again, but he's hit me in the past, never her...so what will I do if he ever hits me again?
Will I hit back?  Will I be so scared I do nothing?
These are not thoughts I want to have, but his behavior today forces me to have them.
I think the best thing for me to do is lay low...stay away from him as much as possible and when I do have to see him I will keep my mouth shut and head down.
What comes to mind is: Hear no evil, See no evil, Speak no evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment