Friday, May 27, 2011

Whipped Cream Vodka and Praline Bacon...

It has been 6 months in the making....
Chomping at the bit and anxiety ridden...
4 and a half days of nothing but peace, quiet, freedom, drinking, cooking, taking care of myself, and getting to the point where I can finally just breathe and relax.
That's right....
Monster and Vi are on vacation in Florida!

I didn't realize, I mean truly realize, how wonderful it is to just be alone.  To have my own space and not have to worry about a banging at my bedroom door, a yell up the stairs, nagging, dumb ass questions, or watching the vi pretend to have a heart attack every time he walks up the stairs.

Wednesday, May 25...it began.
I woke up to...nothing.  Not a peep.  Complete silence.
I had to take a minute to adjust to my surroundings.  I laid in bed and didn't get out until 1:30pm.
Went to work, came home and that is when it hit me.
Knowing no one was home...any sound turned me into a ninja.  I ran like a child to and from the bathroom through the dark hallway.  Jumped into bed thinking a zombie will grab my feet.  Tossed and turned all night cus the monster in the closet was watching me.

Thursday, May 26...the "ah ha" moment.
I woke up, again basking in the glory.
I went downstairs and into the kitchen.  I stopped.  Just stood there in my jammies.  I walked around the rooms....kitchen, dining room, hall, bathroom, living room, back to the kitchen.   This is all while smiling like a severely delusional mental patient (without the drooling).
I took out hamburger and started making...yes cooking...my lunch for the night of work ahead of me.
While the hamburg was browning I put the spoon down, lifted my arms above my head, and in my best choir voice "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" just like singing angels in heaven.
Went to work, had a great night.  Came home, had a drink and said F you to the monster in the closet, zombie under the bed, and the dark hallway...took a sleeping pill and passed out!

Friday, May 27...extreme freedom!
Took the day off to enjoy a full "vacation" day of my own.  I drove to Dedham to meet Cindi and Johanna for clothes shopping for Cin's honeymoon.  Great day...between ice cream, dresses, making sales women fall in love with us, to coming home with Cin, drinking, cooking, laughing, TV, and Blogging, I actually have fooled myself into believing this is going to last.. HAHAHAHAHA....I'm silly.

Saturday, May 28...all good things must come to an end.
Sadly, when Cindi and I wake in the morning it will be the last few hours I will have to enjoy.  She will leave when I leave for work.  Within an hour or so after I arrive home...they will be back.  sigh.

I needed this.
I needed time to be with myself...have fun, laugh, etc.
I have to clear my mind of things that have been clogging me up for so long.
I have decisions that still need to be made, but it's nice to have down time...time to allow my mind to be free.
If you don't allow yourself to bask in the little things in life or venture down the road of personal happiness...no matter who is in your life, you'll never enjoy yours.  
So tonight is about Whipped cream Vodka, praline bacon, and deciding to fight for what makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment